Rent Winnipeg keeps all your personal information confidential, secure and private. By adopting Canada’s Privacy Code for the Protection of Personal Information, Rent Winnipeg’s we have documented our commitment to our clients.
Canada’s New Privacy Legislation
Ten principles form the basis of our Privacy Code:
- Accountability. Rent Winnipeg is responsible for the personal information under its control and shall designate an individual who is accountable for the compliance with the principles of the Code.
- Identifying Purposes. The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by Rent Winnipeg when or before the information is collected.
- Consent. The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection. The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Rent Winnipeg. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy. Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards. Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Rent Winnipeg will take the same standard of care as it takes to safeguard its own confidential information of a similar nature.
- Openness. Rent Winnipeg shall make readily available to individuals specific, understandable information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access. Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information and shall be given access to that information. A client is entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Compliance. An individual shall be able to question compliance with the above principles to the designated individual accountable for the credit union’s compliance. All inquiries regarding privacy should be in writing to the privacy officer by mail, at the address below.
1-1800 Corydon Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3N 0K3
Cookies of third party providers and tracking
We use the services of other companies to optimize this Website and our services. You will receive an overview of the services we use in the following section(s).
- Google Analytics
If you visit this Website using a mobile device (e.g. a smartphone or tablet), you can refuse the future use of Google Analytics via this link. By activating the link, we will put a cookie in your browser, which signals to us that we should prevent Google Analytics from using your device. Please keep in mind that you will have to repeat the refusal process if you remove the cookies from your browser.
- Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
Cookies related to Google’s AdWords service are in use on this Website. These are small text files saved on the user’s computer. The information generated by the cookie about the Website use will be transmitted to and stored on servers in the United States by Google. Using cookies, the user behavior on a Website can be analyzed and subsequently utilized to provide targeted product recommendations and advertising based on the user’s interests. Data stored in these cookies do not contain personally identifiable information.
- Google AdWords Remarketing
This Website uses Google’s remarketing technology. This technology enables users who have already viWebsited our online services and shown interest in our services to see targeted advertising on the Websites of the Google partner network. Likewise, users that are similar to the visitors of this Website can be included as part of the remarketing audience.
- Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
With your permission, this Website utilizes the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s Website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
Only users over 13 years of age may give their permission.
Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission: https://www.facebook.com/ads/Website_custom_audiences/.
- Twitter Conversion Tracking
We use the Conversion Tracking service of Twitter Inc. This tracking records if a user of this Website clicks on a link posted by Twitter. In this way, both we and Twitter can see if a registration has taken place. The identity of the user remains anonymous. In addition, we use Twitter’s Tailored Audiences service. This enables us to appeal to this Website’s users with targeted advertisements. To do this, Twitter uses a code snippet (tag) which we have integrated into this Website. No personal data are collected during this process. Tailored Audiences is also used to create lookalike targeting lists.